Mon, Feb 06|
Zoom Town Hall
Can MT Senior Care Survive the 2023 Legislature?
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2023, 6:00 PM MST
Zoom Town Hall
About the event
This event has already happened, but you can still see it! Click here to view the recording.
Montana lost nearly a dozen nursing homes in 2022. The reality is that dozens more assisted living and long term care facilities are hanging by a thread. They are waiting to see if our Governor and state legislature will take the critical steps necessary to keep essential elder services available across this vast state.
This discussion will include a backgrounder on understanding the choices and decision points around Long-Term Care and Community-based Services. Join us and learn how to effectively advocate for the ability of senior Montanans to age with dignity in the best setting that meets their needs.
- Gallatin County Commissioner Zach Brown worked from 2014 to 2020 as a nonprofit professional in Bozeman in addition to serving three successful terms representing Gallatin County in the Montana House of Representatives. He helped lead the effort to successfully pass a senior services mill levy in the 2022 election to help keep the Gallatin County long term care facility and other vital services to seniors open. He recently co-authored an op ed with Valley County Commissioner Mary Armstrong advocating for the state to meet the challenges facing long term care in Montana.
- Sen. Chris Pope is a Bozeman business and community leader who served two terms in the MT House. Sen. Pope sits on the powerful Joint Appropriations Health and Human Services Subcommittee which will make critical decisions about the budget, including support for long term care and home and community based services across Montana.
- Jason Cronk has served as the President and CEO of Immanuel Lutheran Communities (ILC) since 2013. ILC is a not-for profit, faith-based full-service Life Plan Community in Kalispell, Montana, serving older adults and their families in Northwest Montana since 1957. Under Jason’s leadership, ILC has grown to serve 300 residents on campus with a full spectrum of senior living opportunities. Jason is a fourth generation Montanan.
- Margie MacDonald, Big Sky 55+ Board member and former State Senator of Billings. Margie leads the Big Sky 55+ Legislative lobbying and outreach activities during the 2023 Legislative session.
- Terry Minow (moderator) is retired and ranches in Boulder, MT. She chairs the Big Sky 55+ Board and sits on the Legislative Committee.